Tuesday, July 1, 2014

GoDaddy shit cans millions of bloggers - techno fascists assholes meet Moore's Law

     Dadio moves all his writing to dailydadio.blogspot.com and dailydadio.wordpress.com . 

     A couple of years ago, GoDaddy owner Bob Parsens sold the company to some hedge funders / private-equity firms. Under Parsens' tutelage, it was a state-of-the-art Internet company; based, right in the good ol' U.S. of A. and with, their sponsoring of race car driver Danica Patrick.  But hedge funders do shitty things like move jobs to China et cetera. Although, apparently still in American, the company has slipped off..., the edge. 

     Go Daddy had a handy Blog rubric which could be used to link documents, pics, and pod casts to the said user's Web site.  As of late June 2014, Go Daddy shut down its Blog system leaving millions of subscribers in...., the fuck'n lurch.  

     When I found out about the change a'com'n, I called their once state-of-the-art help desk. There was never a wait when I used GoDaddy Help; they always happily solved the most mundane problems.  I pay for that luxury with my unlimited Web site.  The handy Blog system came with the deal, one for free and a second for a little extra fee.  

   This last or latest call to GoDaddy tech help went a little different.  The tech dude had a rube type personality.  He giggled when I complained about the abrupt and traumatic service change. And I asked if I might have my archives at least, to place on another Blog site. 

     "Ha, ha, heee," tech dude laughed like a pervert.  He then said, "You'll need to do a lot of cutt'n and past'n. Ha, ha, heee!"   I had originally understood several years ago the small fee was for archiving as well as publishing.  My face flushed, I cussed him and made some reference to GoDaddy being relegated to a left-over MySpace mess redux - simply vanishing.  

     I often spoke highly of GoDaddy.  No more.  I rip on them constantly now.  We visit their buffoonery often on my radio show, Dadio's Lunch Bucket Clinic.  Poetically, just tonight I saw a GoDaddy ad on the television.  

    What's the matter GoDaddy, got to do some damage control?

    These types of corporate shenanigans are typical of a techno fascist asshole outfit run-a-muck. Apply the neo-Moore's law, to an all too handy obsolescence, conveniently used to screw customers and people over in lieu of improvements.

     As so stated in the first sentence of this essay, Dadio will do his best to move all his copy-writed work elsewhere. 


No comments:

Post a Comment